Pool Openings and Closings
Let Us Save You Time!
Our trained technicians can open or close your pool for you. You’ll rest easy knowing your pool or spa and equipment are handled correctly and will be ready for the summer or winter season. We offer a variety of different plans depending on your needs. For our Openings and Closings, we deal strictly with the mechanicals of the pool. We do not do any type of cleaning or vacuuming, and we do not add any chemicals (except for DE for Diatomaceous Earth Filters at the opening and anti-freeze at closing).
If you have questions or would like to get on our schedule, please call Debbie at 508-238-9698 x 220 or Click Here.
2021 In Ground Pool Opening Plans:
Easton Pool offers both Full and Partial pool openings (See below for specifications)
To ensure that your pool is opened properly and on time, please follow the steps below.
1. Remove ALL water and debris from cover. (Time does not permit us to do this for you.)
2. Bring the water level under the cover up to proper operating level. (Half-way up the skimmer.)
3. Have all pool equipment by the pool. (Filter, ladders, rails, baskets, etc.)
4. Make sure the electricity for the pump is turned on.
Once the pool has been circulating for 24 hours, bring a water sample to either of our retail stores for your FREE computerized analysis. Please note that chemicals are not added at the time of opening due to improper water balance.
Easton Pool & Spa also offers salt cell cleaning. Please let us know if you are interested in this service and we will add it to your opening service. (A small fee does apply –call for details)
A credit card must be on file to hold your opening date. Payment is preferred PRIOR to or ON the date of your swimming pool opening; your credit card will be charged the day after your service in the event payment is not received. To PRE-PAY, please call 508-238-9698. We accept Visa, M/C and Discover cards.
*PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MAY INCUR CHARGES GREATER THAN THE COST NOTED FOR SERVICES RENDERED OUTSIDE A STANDARD OPENING. (i.e. Caretakers, waterfalls, spas, etc.)
Full In Ground Pool Opening:
• Remove Pool Cover, add Stow Away
• Install Ladders, rails & escutcheons (if left out by homeowner)
• Install Safety Line (if left out by homeowner)
• Install Skimmer Baskets (if left out by homeowner)
• Remove all plugs and install eyeballs
• Assemble filter components
• Lubricate O-rings and gaskets
• Start Pump and inspect for leaks
• Add D.E. to system
• Start heater (if applicable) Service Techs will NOT light pilot. It is the customer’s responsibility to call the gas company.
Partial In Ground Pool Opening:
• Everything listed above, with the exception of Removing Pool Cover
We do not do any type of cleaning or vacuuming, and we do not add any chemicals (except for DE for Diatomaceous Earth Filters at the opening and anti-freeze at closing).
2021 In Ground Pool Closing Plans
Easton Pool offers three options for your in ground pool closings; full, partial and blowing out of your lines only.
For our Openings and Closings, we deal strictly with the mechanicals of the pool. We do not do any type of cleaning or vacuuming, and we do not add any chemicals (except for anti-freeze at closing).
(See below for specifications)
To ensure that your pool is closed properly and on time, please follow the steps below BEFORE your scheduled closing date:
1. Have your water tested at least one week before the closing date and add winter chemicals at least 24 hours before your closing to allow for circulation. (NO chemicals will be added at the time of the closing except for anti-freeze.)
2. Backwash the filter prior to lowering water. (DO NOT ADD D.E.)
3. Lower water level one inch below the skimmer using backwash setting. (You must shut the valves to the skimmer off in order to drain the water below the skimmer.) For safety covers, the water level should be 2 inches below the skimmer.)
4. After water level is lowered, ensure your valves are closed and all timers are off. (If this step is missed, your pool could accidentally drain)
5. Have all winter equipment by the pool or accessible to the Service Tech.
6. For NON SALT pools, please be sure your chlorinator is EMPTY.
Customer is responsible for maintaining cover during winter months.
2021 Pool Opening and Closing Price ListVinyl Liner - In Ground Only
- Full Opening $305
- Partial Opening $235
- Full Closing $305
- Partial Closing $235
- Blow Out Lines Only $200
- Spa w/ Shared Equipment (Open) $185
- Spa w/ Separate Equipment (Open) $235
- Spa w/ Shared Equipment (Close) $185
- Spa w/ Separate Equipment (Close) $235
- Spa Only – separate trip open or close $305
2021 Pool Opening and Closing Price ListGunite - In Ground Only
- Full Opening $355
- Partial Opening $290
- Full Closing $355
- Partial Closing $290
- Blow Out Lines Only $260
- Gunite Spa w/ Shared Equipment (Open) $220
- Gunite Spa w/ Shared Equipment (Close) $220
- Gunite Spa w/ Separate Equipment (Open/Close) $275
- Gunite Spa Only – Separate Trip Open or Close $355
2021 Pool Opening and Closing Price ListExtras
- Caretakers (pricing is per each) Opening $65 Closing $80
- Waterfalls – Same Equipment – Opening No Charge – Closing $30 / Waterfall
- Waterfalls – Separate Equipment – Opening or Closing $50 / Waterfall
- Cell Cleaning Opening / Closing $40
- In Floor Heat Opening N/C Closing $75
- Safety Cover Anchor Replacement – $18 / anchor – Additional Labor – TBD